The Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum is located by the Sunnyvale Community Center off Remington Dr. The City of Sunnyvale maintains much of the grounds, but volunteers maintain some of the landscaping right by the museum. Some of the larger trees were originally paid for by sponsors and they have commemorative plaques. Here are some highlights.
This sundial was donated by Nancy Hertert, a resident of Cupertino from 1946 until her death in 1992. She was active in many civic and environmental organizations and was an early advocate for the City of Cupertino to purchase the land that became McClellan Ranch. After her death, the family discovered that this sundial, which had been on her hilltop property in Cupertino, was to be donated to the Sunnyvale Historical Society. The sundial was in storage at Murphy Park and then later moved to its current location here in the garden next to the museum.
Video of honeybees on rosemary, March 12, 2017 (click to play)
Copyright © 2018 Sunnyvale Historical Society & Museum Association, Inc., All Rights Reserved