Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum has only one paid staff position, we rely on volunteers for everything else! There are many ways you can make a difference with just a small commitment.
Help keep local history alive by volunteering for one of the numerous opportunities covering a broad range of duties and skills:
- Become a docent and take visitors through the exhibits and talk about Sunnyvale’s past. Training and materials will be provided.
- Join the Museum Store staff and help customers select one-of-a-kind items from the new or vintage treasures, books, games, and other choices available.
- Join the School Program and guide groups of local third grade students in a hands-on experience of Sunnyvale history (training and scripts will be provided).
- The two annual Victorian Teas need bakers, cooks, servers, kitchen helpers, tea makers, clean-up crews, as well as volunteers to set the tables with vintage china.
- The many artifacts on display and in the museum’s collections need cataloging and archiving. Every few months, a new exhibit is set up that needs volunteers with presentation skills to display the individual items. You could be part of that team.
- The SHSMA hosts several annual events, such as speaker nights, as well as bigger affairs such as an Antique Appraisal Fair. The opportunities for supporting the planning and organizing of these events are endless.
- Assistance with IT and everyday office work is always greatly appreciated.
- And many more….
Student Docent Program
The Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum formed a student volunteer program, a perfect opportunity for teens to fulfill volunteer service hours and enhance their college resumé in a fun and interactive way!
Students may volunteer as assistants in the Museum Store or as docents. Following their training, participants will be working several hours each month through the school year, leading tours, interacting with visitors, and assisting with museum activities and programs, or assisting shoppers in the store.
The student volunteer program provides real work experience. The students explore local history and are involved with community outreach while working on building their public speaking, presentation, and customer service skills. Volunteering will enrich their life experience.
Program details and an application can be obtained by emailing the Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum: email@example.com Join Us!
For more information, drop by the museum or call 408-749-0220 when it is open (Noon-4pm Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday), or send an email with all your contact information to:
Copyright © 2022 Sunnyvale Historical Society & Museum Association, Inc., All Rights Reserved