The approximately 1,800-square-foot barn was built of local redwood in San José (near Hostetter Road and Capitol Avenue) by the Bianchi Brothers around 1918. It is a perfect example of a classic American-style barn.
The barn was donated to the City of Sunnyvale in 2002 by Clara Bianchi in memory of her brothers, Sonny and Dom. The City then engaged the services of the Sunnyvale Historical Society and Museum Association to manage the relocation project. In 2004, Kent Construction took apart the Bianchi Barn board by board and set it on a new slab foundation in the City of Sunnyvale’s Heritage Orchard site, where it sits today. It now serves as an active barn for Sunnyvale’s ten-acre orchard.
Copyright © 2015 Sunnyvale Historical Society & Museum Association, Inc., All Rights Reserved