Once again the Sunnyvale Historical Society will host an Antique and Appraisal Fair in August of 2015. We will have Live Music [the Drop In Blue Grass Band will be back again this year!], an Antique Sale, and FREE Museum Tours on both days.
Saturday, August 29 11:00am to 4:00pm • Sunday, August 30 Noon to 4:00 pm
Michaan’s Auctions, a leading, full service auction house and antiques dealer is once again providing the appraisers (this year a total of seven) onsite for both days. At the time of the appraisal, a verbal estimate will be provided, deeming what your property may sell for at auction. Contracts will also be available for consignment with Michaan’s.
On-line reservations are available starting on June 10th.
Each appointment is for 10 minutes in one category only. [See CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS below]
- $15.00 Appraisal 1 Item $20.00 Appraisal 2 Items in the Same Category in the same 10 minute timeslot.
- $25.00 Appraisal of 1 or 2 Items in the Same Category purchased the day of the event.
If there are two items in different categories, a separate appointment will need to be made in each category for each item. There will be no exceptions. Payment can be made with any major credit card. Appointments can be rescheduled if needed. All appointment sales are final. There are no refunds.
SCHEDULING YOUR APPROINTMENT — 3 WAYS STARTING JUNE 15th:
- You can reserve your spot on-line. Come back to our website on June 1st.
- Come to the Museum Gift Shop during normal public hours [Sun/Tues/Thurs 12-4pm]
- Call the Heritage Park Museum at (408) 749-0220 (If the museum is closed, please leave a message.)
Saturday and Sunday will have 10-minute appointments in five different categories.
- Asian Art & Objects – If it is Asian in origin, it fits in this category. Prints, paintings, objects, pottery, plates…
- Fine Arts– Paintings, prints, drawings, photographs and sculpture, which generally has no function other than to be seen.
- Furniture & Decorative Art– Arts or crafts concerned with the design and manufacture of beautiful objects that may be functional or non-functional. This would include a grandfather clock, antique toy, teapot, dishes, ceramics. Items that do not fit in another category are included here.
- Jewelry Appraisal – Watches, rings, broaches, cameos, necklaces, bracelets…
- Stamps & Coins – A coin, a stamp or a collection.
The 2014 Antique Sale was a big success. We had a large variety of antiques from our inventory that we decided to liquidate. Visitors loved going through the items and finding a new gift or keepsake for their home.
Here are museum visitors waiting to get their items appraised by a Michaan’s representative. Our reservation system ran smoothly as people got the appraised value of their items.
The Drop In Blue Grass Band provided a musical background to the afternoon.
Copyright © 2015 Sunnyvale Historical Society & Museum Association, Inc., All Rights Reserved