Once again the Sunnyvale Historical Society will host an Antique and Appraisal Fair. Make an appointment today to have your favorite antique, family heirloom or special keepsake appraised at this fun event. There will be an Antique Sale. We are also planning extra Demonstrations by the Sunnyvale Lace Museum and Exhibits by the Stamp Club, Coin Club and others. Bring your family, friends and together enjoy the FREE Museum Tours and a fun day!
Saturday, August 27 11AM to 4PM
Michaan’s Auctions, a leading, full service auction house and antiques dealer is once again providing the appraisers onsite. At the time of the appraisal, a verbal estimate will be provided, deeming what your property may sell for at auction. Contracts will also be available for consignment with Michaan’s.
- $15.00 Appraisal 1 Item $20.00 Appraisal 2 Items in the Same Category
- $25.00 Walk-in Appraisal for 1 or 2 Items in the Same Category purchased the day of the event.
- Appointment Time & Categories – Each appointment, reservation is for 10 minutes in One Category Only. If there are two items in different categories, a separate appointment will need to be made in each category for each item. There will be no exceptions.
- Appointment Rescheduling is possible if needed.
- Payment can be made with any major credit card.
All appointment sales are final. There are no refunds.
SCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT — 3 WAYS:
- ONLINE – Schedule your appointment NOW! See the form below.
- CALL – Call the Heritage Park Museum at (408) 749-0220 (If the museum is closed, please leave a message.)
- At the Museum – Come to the Museum Gift Shop, Sun/Tues/Thurs, Noon – 4 p.m.
FIVE APPRAISAL CATEGORIES
- Asian Art & Objects
- Fine Arts
- Furniture & Decorative Art (includes silverware)
- Jewelry Appraisal
- Stamps & Coins
For more information, below the online registration form are specific category descriptions.
Saturday, August 27, 2016 will have 10-minute appointments in the following categories:
- Asian Art & Objects – If it is Asian in origin, it fits in this category. Prints, paintings, objects, pottery, plates…
- Fine Arts– Paintings, prints, drawings, photographs and sculpture, which generally has no function other than to be seen.
- Furniture & Decorative Art– Arts or crafts concerned with the design and manufacture of beautiful objects that may be functional or non-functional. This would include a grandfather clock, antique toy, teapot, dishes, ceramics. Items that do not fit in another category are included here.
- Jewelry Appraisal – Watches, rings, broaches, cameos, necklaces, bracelets…
- Stamps & Coins – A coin, a stamp or a collection.
The 2014 and 2015 antique sales were a big success. We had a large variety of antiques from our inventory that we decided to liquidate. Visitors loved going through the items and finding a new gift or keepsake for their home.
Here are museum visitors waiting to get their items appraised by a Michaan’s representative. Our reservation system ran smoothly as people got the appraised value of their items.
The Drop In Blue Grass Band provided a musical background to the afternoon.