We want to keep you informed on the success of our museum since the Grand Opening in September of 2008. Each year, over 6,000 guests and 1,500 third graders visit the museum. Our teas are a huge success; rentals of our facility are increasing; and the gift shop is flourishing.
During 2012, our Society took the lead in working with the City and the community in planning for Sunnyvale’s Centennial Celebration. The event mainly took place at the Heritage Park Site, and our museum was a main focus.
We are totally self-sustaining and continue to manage all aspects of the museum operations with a team of unpaid volunteers. We are so blessed to have dedicated members who give tirelessly of their time and energy.
We appreciate your support in our continuing efforts to preserve and disseminate Sunnyvale’s astonishing history for current and future generations. Thank you for your past help.
Our mission is to continue to raise funds to accomplish the following:
- Fund all ongoing yearly operating expenses (maintenance, utilities, insurance, advertising, janitorial services and security).
- Change and maintain our exhibits to take the museum to the next level.
- Catalog the collection, and provide staff, training and docents.
- Bring in interesting lecturers to speak about different aspects of Sunnyvale and Silicon Valley history.
- Continue our FREE admission policy, which allows access to all.
We are asking for your continued generosity. Please know that 100% of all donations go directly to programs, exhibits, and upkeep. No salaries are paid in this all volunteer organization. Donations are tax deductible under our 501(c)3 designation (TAX ID #94-2544153).
Thank you so much for believing in this community project and its continued success!
Please consider becoming a Member of the Historical Society. Click HERE for more information.Copyright © 2014 Sunnyvale Historical Society and Museum Association, Inc., All Rights Reserved